Monday, February 3, 2014

Blue and White Monday

I am linking with one of my very favorite blogs today,
Jennifer is hosting a blue and white linking party......
Please visit her blog to see all of the fabulous posts!
Virginia Mom's Foyer

My Virginia mom has been a lover of blue and white for as long as I can remember.
She has even lured me away from my pink and green obsession,
and I've started my own collection of blue and white porcelian.
My Virginia parents' have a beautiful home which is decorated with blue and white throughout,
and my Virginia mom was kind enough to let me give you a tour.
The Foyer
Their formal dining room is to the right when you walk in.
Some of my VM's best pieces are displayed in here,
as well as her Mottahedeh Imperial Blue plate collection.
Close up of some of her pieces...
I LOVE her giant ginger jar and the three men!
Another view from in their dining room...more Mottahedeh Imperial Blue plates...(drooling).
Closer up view...
Their formal living room is to the left when you enter, 
and it is just stunning with the navy blue walls and the white woodwork. 

LOVE this lamp...

And this lamp...
Here is their family room...this is where we all gather when we are together.
If it's not blue and white, it's blue and yellow!

Although there are blue and white pieces in every room...
I love the unique shape of these plates.
Here is a picture of "The Quiet Room"
which is basically where my Virginia dad hangs out when things get a little "loud"
(meaning when we are over with ALL of the children)
It's a sun room with windows on three sides.
Moving upstairs to Virginia mom's office...she has a nautical theme going on.
Notice the built in bookshelves in the hallway displaying more of her blue and white.
There is a sofa sleeper in here for "overflow" which happens more than you would guess. 
Here is their Master Bedroom....
There is a large sitting area in their room...
My girls and I hang out up here with my VM when my boys are being too noisy downstairs.

Loving the monogrammed pillow.
Her game table...we actually do use it for jigsaw puzzles!
Another close up...
Love this lamp...and the tiny ginger jar to the far left is another one of my favorites! 
They have a pair of these lamps...jealous. 
Just another close up of her collection.

My Virginia parents' home is beautiful,
yet it is very family friendly and the kids and I spend a lot of time there.
We are so very fortunate that my Virginia parents live in our development...

Clearly my Virginia mom is a lover of blue and white!
She still collects, and she also collects for me since she is running out of room in her own home!
The other rooms in their home also incorporate blue into the color scheme,
but I wanted to try and stick strictly to the blue and white!

I hope you enjoyed the tour of their lovely home!




























 photo signature_zps0cbbee76.png

25 comments :

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

What a beautiful home and collection. I need a quiet room.

Miss Southern Prep said...

SO pretty! I'm loving the blue and white display in her formal dining room!

House@heart said...

Such a stunning house!! Thanks for sharing!!
Ozana

therelishedroost said...

Beautiful collection of blue and white pottery here, following now!

Girl with the Curlz said...

What a gorgeous home!!! Especially love their bedroom and that sitting area. Please thank her for sharing it with us all :)

Nancy said...

I am in love! am dying over all the double happiness pots! loves!

Simply LKJ said...

Gorgeous home. I love blue and white. So classic and timeless.

The enchanted home said...

Wow your home is spectacular!! Love all your blue and whites, truly magnifique!

Tiffany Jones Interiors said...

The large ginger jar with the gold trim is stunning!! Thanks for sharing all this beauty with us! Happy Monday!

marsha cannon said...

Wow - she has quite the collection! I loved the tour of her pretty home and I know that you enjoy your time spent there. Thanks!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

If there was a prize I think you would win for showing us an entire house of blue and white gorgeousness!

miss andrea lee said...

Wow! I love it all! Such a lovely collection! Thank you for sharing!

Andrea said...

Oh, my goodness!!! This home should be in a magazine, it is utter PERFECTION!! I love every single detail! Love the three Asian men in the dining room... I just scored a near identical threesome at an estate sale. Please thank your Virginia parents for sharing! They have exquisite taste!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Laura said...

Oh my gosh!
What a stunning home!
Those navy walls made me hyperventilate!!
What a stunning collection of blue and white.

I enjoyed visiting-
and I am a new follower,

Laura
White Spray Paint blog

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Christine... I could move into that house fully furnished and not change one blessed thing! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

How beautiful! Something about blue and white that I never tire of and it never feels anything but current. Lucky you that you get to spend time in this great home!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Such a great collection! Beautiful rooms - especially the dining room!

Anonymous said...

Eight kids, and you've still got time for good taste? So glad to find your site through the Blue and White Bash. The Gracious Posse (http://thegraciousposse.com) is based in Richmond, too.

kate@willowinteriors said...

What a gorgeous collection! Love the dining room pieces and that sitting area in the MB is to die for! Thanks for sharing! :)

The Pink Pagoda said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! This is absolutely LOVELY!! Thank you so much for linking up today and sharing this! Jennifer

The Tablescaper said...

Gorgeous home! Thanks so much for sharing your VM's home.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Carrie said...

What a lovely home!! I love all these blue and white pieces. It's inspiring me to continue with my newly started collection. :)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Wow, thanks for sharing all of your beautiful blue and white. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Wow--I am overwhelmed in the best of ways by all of the blue and white in your parents' home. That master bedroom is perfection, not that the rest of the house isn't... Thank you (and them) so much for sharing--simply stunning!

EB said...

I am a Blue and White gal also. I loved the Navy Blue on your VM living room wall. What color is that ?. Thank You. EB in Corona del Mar, Ca.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Suburban Charm! I love to hear from my readers and appreciate your comments!

Christine